Wednesday 3 November 2010

It is an honour.....

I got a text today from Jimbo; this is how the text conversation went:

JB- Male singer who sang “oh my gosh”????
Gumbo- Dunno, never even heard of it
JB- Album was called confessions??
Gumbo- Are you texting the right guy???What you the fuck you on about???? Mong x
JB- Yes, need the answer!!

I couldn’t be bothered at this point, it all sounded too hip for me and I am not into music or recent music enough to know what the hell he was on about; Frankly I thought he had the wrong bloke!

He then rang........

It has since become apparent that I should have said the answer ‘Usher’ (he is a singer and dancer).

Jim will then have said

"yes please, next year October the 1st".

I ruined his joke and I felt bad; mind you I blame him for asking me such awkward questions. I am 34 but my brain and tastes are 54.

Sorry James but thanks, it will be an honour to fill the shoes of a guy who clearly wasn’t good enough to be best man but good enough to be given the mundane jobs of a wedding!
I’ll get him back though, I am going to take the whole family, by then it will total five; that’s a cool £200......Nice

No comments:

Post a Comment